Celebrate our earth and work towards protecting it
Project Type: Fundraiser, Social Media Campaign, Writing
Hour Opportunities Available: Yes, visit the Hours page for more details
Details: Earth Day is in April!! We only have one planet, so we need to protect it. To do our part, we have developed the following projects.
Supporting the cause
Project Type: Fundraiser, Virtual Event, Social Media Campaign
Hour Opportunities Available: Yes, visit "Hours" page for details
Details: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In order to show our support, we have decided to make this our social media theme for the week of October 12th through 25th. To participate, we ask that our members deck out in pink. The more pink, the better!! For details on how to submit photos, visit our "Visuals" page. In addition to posting on our platforms, we will be participating in a Susan G. Komen More Than Pink Virtual Walk. The virtual walk will be held on October 17th. The opening ceremony is from 9:00am to 9:30am. You do not need to participate to donate, but it is highly encouraged and you will receive half an hour for doing so. Since this event also allows us the opportunity to donate to the cause, we have provided instructions below on how to do so for both members and other individuals donating on behalf of members. Please keep in mind that donations for this event must be received by November 17th.
If you plan on participating, which involves donating personally or having others donate for you, use the following steps.
1. Visit our team page.
2. Click the "Join Our Team" button.
3. If you do not already have an account with the organization, you will be asked to create one. Simply follow the instructions provided on the website and input the necessary information.
4. Once you are added to the team, you will be brought to your profile page. If you would like to personally donate, click the "Donate" button in the upper right hand corner. Select "Team" from the dropdown menu and enter McArthur High School in the box provided. Click "Go."
5. The team search results will show up. Once you find our team, titled McArthur High School with Jennifer Pinto listed as the team captain, click the "Donate" button underneath.
6. Fill out all necessary information and follow the instructions provided by the website.
7. That's it!! We will be notified of your donation and you will receive the appropriate amount of hours.
If someone is donating for you, they should use the following steps. Please note that they do not need to create an account unless they would like to.
1. Visit our team page.
2. Use the dropdown menu to select the name of the team member you are donating on behalf of.
3. Click the "Donate" button next to the participant's name.
4. Fill out all necessary information and follow the instructions provided by the website.
5. You're all done! Our club will be notified of the donation you made and who it was on behalf of.